Canadian freestyle skier Etienne Geoffroy-Gagnon was selected for the Pho3nix Athlete Program during the Pho3nix Future camp for high performance youth athletes. His peers nominated him, citing his phoenix-like rise from a late start in the sport at 17 to becoming the first downhill skier from Yukon to compete on the World Cup tour and make the national team. His next goal? To be the first freestyle skier from the Yukon to make the Winter Olympics and inspire the next generation of athletes to pursue their dreams.
- First downhill skier from the Yukon to make the Canadian National Team
- 5th, 2020 World Cup Mammoth Mountain – Slopestyle
- 6th, 2020 World Cup Seiseralm – Slopestyle
- 7th, 2020 World Cup Calgary – Slopestyle
- Champion, 2019 Nor-Am Cup Calgary – Slopestyle
- Champion, 2018 Nor-Am Cup Mammoth Mountain – Slopestyle
Work hard, love what you do and share your knowledge with the youth. Last but not least, always keep a smile on your face and remember how lucky you are to be here.”