The title of 2019 World Triathlon Champion capped off a meteoric rise for America's Katie Zaferes. Selected to compete at the Rio Olympics in 2016 after just three years in the sport, the childhood swim and track star's true potential has been realised in the last Olympic cycle, completely dominating the Super League Triathlon series before her victory in the ITU Grand Final in Lausanne confirmed her position at the top of her sport. Hers is a true Pho3nix story. Finishing the 2015 season in fifth place in the world rankings, Zaferes finished the following seasons in 4th, 3rd and 2nd before finally taking the crown. All that's left now is for that relentless pursuit of perfection to deliver a gold medal in Tokyo.
- Triathlon world champion 2019.
- Gold, Grand Final Lausanne 2019
- Super League Triathlon overall champion 2018-2019
- Silver, WTS rankings 2018
- 23x ITU World Triathlon Series medalist (6 golds, 10 silvers, 7 bronzes)
- 5x ITU Triathlon World Cup medalist (4 golds, 1 silver)
- 18th, Rio Olympic Games 2016
- Bronze, Mixed Relay world championship 2018
- Silver, Mixed Relay world championship 2017
- USA Triathlon Elite Rookie of the Year 2013
- USA Triathlon Super Sprint Series — Fearless Pro Champion 2013
Interesting fact: Katie decided to defer her University application to learn teaching when she was invited to the Olympic Training Centre in Colorado Springs. Four years later she was an Olympian and ranked in the worlds top 5.